Thursday, September 3, 2009

My poor Kennan...

We had the missionaries over for dinner last night, so we made some really yummy local BBQ chicken and some other great sides! The kids bum rushed the chicken with tongs in hand....YIKES...Kennan grabbed it first and his index finger got caught in between the tongs where it's really sharp...my daughter aryn literally yanked the tongs out of Kennan's hand and sliced Kennan's finger so badly I wasn't sure if she actually severed it OFF...Blood was everywhere, I mean everywhere, it actually made me really scared to really know the true outcome!

Mana was totally panicked as he quickly rushed kennan to get his hand under running clean water...he had trouble getting the blood to stop! We worried he might need stitches...With the missionaries still over enjoying their meal...an overwhelming sense of peace came over me, that everything was going to be just fine!...Mana was still excited about what had just taken place, and a flood of emotions were going through everyones mind. Kennan was crying so loud, and I believe he could feel how anxious we all were! I immediately started singing as many of his favorite primary songs as I could to calm him down and it worked...a few minutes later and lots of antibiotic gels and bandaids and our little boy was back to normal!

Mana took off today to help me take Kennan into the Doctors to make sure he didn't need stitches...it was way too late for stitches but they said it would've been useful for him to have had a few but after 24 hours it's too late!...The ended up just putting some steri strips and some ointment and a bandaid over for him,,,,I know he'll be back and and running in no time!

Crazy days ahead!

No comments: