Monday, June 29, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

Lots of Memories on "Laie Point"
My Waimanalo Family...............


Beautiful Valley of the Temples...where my mommy is buried!


I went to go and put fresh Flowers on my mommy's grave.......



I cannot believe that we crazy kids used to swim here...why were we not afraid?





These mountains are my favorite when I visit home.........




I was blowdrying my hair outside on my Auntie Lani's porch on the point and this was my view..





It was breakfast at the "Ah you's" with my girlies...we had so much fun!...I love them!








Tala's cutest baby in the whole world...................








At the Ali'i Luau at PCC..










Tala and Ry making B'fest for everyone!









Quick stop for Breakfast with the Isa and Kerry Moeai at "Hukilau Cafe"










Had to get a picture with skinny "BULA"..............while she was working..
















Jill and I at the night show for PCC...........











I absolutely miss these tradewinds........it brings back so many awesome childhood memories!














Canoe Show...........I had a blast playing tourist















JIll, Jolene Kanahele and I at BYU

















Did a run over to Rainbow School in Kahuku to say Hello to "Sherry Evans"


















This is my mom's oldest sister Auntie Moana and her husband Max Hannemann, they live in Kahuku now and are really enjoying being home! Wow she still has her same wonderful sense of humor and stories of everyone, it was such a nice visit!




















Buses dropping off busloads of students for the Summer explorations program at Kamehameha School Kapalama campus on Oahu..





















Laie...............................................



















My boys with their counselors and dorm advisors at Explorations.
























They were so sad to leave and has soooooooooooo much fun, I missed my son so much, I cried because right after this he left for another week to Boys Scout Camp...ughhhh




















Me and my handsome Boy.........



























Jilly and I at the Ho'ike on Oahu at the Kapalama Campus
My sister Jill and I both have boys that are the going to be in 6th grade! Around this time of summer Kamehameha offers a Fantastic Explorations program to Hawaiian Children to learn and explore the language, arts, studies and history of the Hawaiian Culture. I still remember when I attended 21 yrs ago and it was such an awesome opportunity that I promised myself to do with my OWN children.
Our boys flew out of Kona to Oahu on Sunday and we flew over that following Thursday to go and hang out on the Island and visit family and friends and to also attend our boys Ho'ike (performance). My husband took 3 days off to watch our children while I had some sister time with Jilly!
We saw everyone, ate everything, and bought everything we wanted to get on our list of to do, in the short 3 days that we were there! Not only was the tradewinds blissfully perfect, but we were able to sleep in without any kids crying, and get pampered by all the aunties we visited. I have to tell you that I would take this over any pedicure or foot massage there is!!
Thank you to my long time girlfrenz for looking around time for me and then making a huge breakfast with the keiki's, I'm so grateful to have the friends and family that I have! So I guess until the next sisterhood of the traveling pants reunion...we'll see ya next yr...






















1 comment:

Troy and Segi said...

I have a love/hate relationship with your blog. I love reading all the fun things you do but I hate that I get so jealous!