Monday, June 22, 2009

Amari is growing up!

Earned his "Arrow of light award"...here is his display board...

Anita and I................

My 5 babies minus Mar Mar...



Father's Day dinner......




oops...same shot

all of us sweaty after dancing the night away.





The 3 amigo's











My neice Makana and I at the kona airport, she was leaving to Kaui for a summer program





Makana and Hiwa Manning and Family all leaving for Summer program








Waiting Patiently........to leave to oahu with all their families








Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, my baby boy leaving with his group to get on their flight to Oahu









Jill and Elias........leaving to Oahu for Explorations too












oops another double picture!............
My son 11 yr old son just left on his very first trip away from me to Oahu to attend Kamehameha Schools Exploration program where they dorm on the Kapalama campus for one week and learn about the Hawaiian Culture. I remember going to the same program over 20 yrs ago and I can't explain to you, just how awesome this program was! I understand the anxiety, and nervousness he felt going. He was pretty set on "not wanting to go"...I said "TOO BAD", because your going to love it! From snorkeling, to boogie boarding, canoe paddling, hawaiian arts and crafts, and of course the ONO, ONO, food that they serve...mmmmmmmmm. He's a little nervous about dorming with a stranger, and I hope that he'll learn the beauty of diversity through this summer trip away!! I will meet up with Amari on Friday on Oahu as my sister Jill and I will be going there for 3 days to attend our boys Ho'ike performance at the end of this week! I miss him so much and I can't wait until Friday!
and then it's off to Boys Scout Camp next week in Honoka'ia...Whooo Hoo...I miss you!






































4 comments:

T. Palepoi said...

MISS YOU GUYS ALREADY!!! HAVE A FUN & SAFE TRIP..........SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!!

MA said...

Hey Girl,
This is Mariaha. OMG!!!! Jaclyn is at explorations this week too. What a qu-in-ca-dink. I guess we'll see you on Friday. So when are we going out? Saturday? We'll see you Friday. Love it. RY

Troy and Segi said...

I'll trade places with your son if he doesn't want to go!..lol:)

tiwalani said...

hey, quick question for you!! when is explorations? is it between 4th & 5th grade or 5th & 6th? i wanna send Nyomi, but am looking for info on it. she's gonna be in 4th grade this coming fall. your babies are getting so big already & i love seeing pics of them growing up. big fat honis to you!! :)