Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Official TODAY was their first of Preschool!

All of you are well aware of how much I have been anticipating/but yet again still holding on to the expectations I had of our twin babies going to preschool! Well the day has come and this time "Without" Mommy or daddy at their side, they bravely took their steps into their seperate classrooms! They somehow felt inside that it was time for me and Mana to go but their cries peirced my heart as I hugged them and kissed them and told them I'd be back to get them! Each of their teachers were so supportive, kind, warm and loving and intercepted my departure as I waved goodbye and promised them that I'd be back to get them. I never thought it was going to be THIS hard....

This is such a HUGE ordeal for not only them but our WHOLE family! The twins were lucky to have the luxury of having ME home with them and vice versa, but the attachment you develop being home with your youngest children I think speaks volumes!!

They both will turn 3 in November and are the youngest children in their class...(I think)..but the other children in their class, as I noticed, surely seemed so much older and well adjusted with the idea of starting preschool! Mana was so awesome...his big ol strong arms held me as I buried my face in his chest and cried so hard! He comforted me and told me, that he knows that this is going to be so hard, but we are HELPING them become more independant from eachother (the twins). It truly is a great opportunity to be native Hawaiian and to be able to take part of such a fantastic preschool program! I feel fortunate that they are able to take part in that.

I came back home, after dropping the twins off, still a little dazed at what just took place! I'm tending to my other children Audrey (7) who is sick with the flu, and Aryn (5) who will start kindergarten this Thursday! It was comforting for me to still have babies to come home to, but starting next week, it's just me, myself, and I! (not sure if I'm prepared for that).. I guess I better start planning for some classes to begin for photography huh?? Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Troy and Segi said...

Girl, I would be crying too but not sad tears, instead very happy tears, more like tears of joy!..jk. What are you going to do with all your free time when all your kids are in school?